Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend fun!

This weekend one of our dear friends retired from the USAF after 27 years of service!  We surprised them and drove over to Eglin AFB for the ceremony.   It was so good to see them again, it had been too long.  CMSgt St. Onge was A1C St. Onge when we met in 1985!  Our camera was dead, so I didn't get any pictures.  Kat promised me that she would send me pictures.....so later I will post the pictures.

We also participated in our neighborhood annual "yard sale" - it was a lot of work and if it weren't for Megan's help I do not think we could have pulled it off. We had a great turnout and got rid of so much stuff.  It amazed me some of the stuff that people purchased!  YIKES!  We should do this more often - it was so liberating to get rid of the stuff!

Mary was home this weekend.  She worked yesterday and today was not feeling well.  Hopefully after a good nights sleep she will feel better.

Today I prepared my menu for the week, went to the commissary for our weekly groceries and enjoyed a lazy evening with the family!  LIFE IS GOOD!!  We surrounded ourselves this weekend with our family, good friends and good times - what more could we ask for???

Pictures coming soon.......

2 comments:

  1. Evie! you're blog looks great! any tips on getting blogs look pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Evie! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete